The Main Hall
Originally built to commemorate the local service personnel who lost their lives in World War 1, this wonderful hall has served as the centre of village life since the early 1920s.
The venue is used for everything from weddings, parties, quizzes and charity events, to craft fairs, concerts, funeral wakes, theatre productions, cinema, badminton, ballet, clubs, AGMs… with seating for about 200 there is no limit as to how you can use the hall.
The Hall has benefited from extensive redecoration, finished to a high standard, as you can see on the virtual tour below. The large stage is perfect for shows and concerts, with a lighting gantry and sound system (available for hire – see booking form), but is equally excellent for parties, fairs and more.
The hall has a well-equipped, large kitchen, complete with serving hatch shutter, making it ideal for event catering, be it main meals or teas, coffees and cakes:
- Double oven, with six ring gas hob
- Heated, moveable Lincat hot cupboard
- Lincat automatic water boiler
- Two bowl stainless steel sink
- Two undercounter fridges
- One microwave
- One undercounter freezer
- One kettle
- First Aid kit
The kitchen is also equipped with mugs, tea cups, saucers and plates (post Covid-19)… that’s one less thing for you to worry about.
- There are 25+ long folding tables and 160 chairs
- Blue fabric chairs (white chair covers can be supplied, you can see photos of these in the wedding gallery).
- One disabled toilet.
- One ladies toilet with three cubicles.
- One gents toilet with two urinals and one cubicle.
Other Useful Information:
- Wi-Fi provided.
- Fully compliant with health and safety requirements.
- Wheelchair access through the Main Hall.
- There is a staircase at the back of the hall which links to the Orchard Room which could be hired together (depending on availability).
Charges are per hour and include the use of electricity, gas and heating:
- £15 per hour
Take a look at the gallery of photos below, showing the space available and the type of events held here, from weddings to indoor markets, funeral wakes to plays, parties to AGMs.
If you would like to find out more, or arrange a tour, please email: email@example.com