WI,H&F is a local charity serving the community of Wadhurst Parish with the Commemoration Hall, Offices, Library, function rooms and a recreational field.
The Hall (located in the High Street) is a central hub for the community providing a venue for a wide range of activities, including the popular Farmers’ Market, Brass Band and Amateur Dramatics performances, Badminton and Dance classes, Craft fairs, History and Art exhibitions, U3A events and a host more.
The level of activity has increased significantly and the Charity is now seeking to provide additional cover and support for its excellent full-time caretaker.
It is therefore inviting expressions of interest in providing supplementary Caretaking Services as set out below.
The initial requirements are:
- Provision of the Caretaking Services cover on alternate weekends which may include unsociable hours.
Activities and hours are dependent on the weekend’s room bookings, but the Services will include:
- Opening / closing the Hall in accordance with the booking schedule ensuring that everything is clean and safe.
- Engaging with the customer ensuring their satisfaction. (It should be noted that closing on a Saturday can be late.)
- Cleaning the communal areas, Hall and meeting rooms and the public toilets in accordance with the weekend cleaning schedule.
2. Provision of the Caretaking Services cover when the caretaker is on holiday. This will involve a similar set of activities but on a wider basis. Max 30 days per year.
3. The contract will be let on an individual, self-employed basis or through a named company, with a four-week termination notice period.
Tender responses should be sent to ‘email@example.com’ by Tuesday 14th June and should include:
- A summary of your background and experience, and how this relates to the services required by WI,H&F.
- The Hourly Rate required for the services set out above.
- Any additional information.
It is expected that some clarification will be required and in the first instance please contact the Caretaker, Jemma Pantrey, on 07392 111887.